Delicious dessert recipes made with Cheerwine don’t have to be full of sugar. Drum roll, please! Introducing our sugar-free and low-carb version of our popular Cheerwine Poke Cake using Cheerwine Zero Sugar!
- 1 box Duncan Hines Keto Yellow Cake Mix
- ½ cup Cheerwine Zero Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups Cheerwine Zero Sugar
- 1½ tablespoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons Jordan’s Skinny Mixes® Sugar-Free Cherry Syrup
Whipped Topping Ingredients
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4–6 tablespoons Jordan’s Skinny Mixes® Sugar-Free Cherry Syrup
- Cherries for garnish (optional, omit for truly sugar-free recipe)
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9×13 inch baking pan. Prepare cake mix according to box directions, substituting the ½ cup water with ½ Cheerwine Zero Sugar. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for recommended time on the cake mix box. Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make Gelatin: In small saucepan, bring 2 cups Cheerwine Zero to a boil. Remove pan from heat and stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add cherry syrup and stir to combine. Using a straw or handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake every 2 inches. Pour prepared gelatin mixture evenly over entire cake. Cover and refrigerate cake for at least 4 hours.
Meanwhile, make Whipped Topping: Using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream and cherry syrup until stiff peaks form.
Spread whipped cream over top of chilled cake. Garnish with cherries on top, if desired. Refrigerate leftover cake.