Ready to impress your friends and family? Introducing our Pear & Honey Lavender Cheerwine Upside-Down Tart. This new addition tastes amazing!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 Bartlett pears medium
- 6 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon culinary lavender
- 2 tablespoon Cheerwine Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Prepare your puff pastry. Thaw a sheet of frozen puff pastry according to the package instructions. Let sit at room temperature until pliable, then cut into six rectangles.
- Cut each pear in half, then slice thinly from the middle section outward. Use a Mandoline slicer if you have one, and try to get each slice as thin as you can.
- Transfer pears to a bowl, and pour Cheerwine syrup over the slices. Use your hands to mix the slices into the syrup and make sure they are each well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lay out your puff pastry rectangles. Using each piece as a guide, remove the piece, and then add a teaspoon of honey in its place directly on the parchment paper. Lay 2-3 paper-thin slices of pear on top of the honey, and then replace the puff pastry rectangle on top. Press the pastry down using your fingers to create a seal over the fruit. Repeat with each of the remaining pieces of pastry.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry edges are golden brown and crisp. Remove from the oven, and let the tray rest for five minutes before flipping tarts over with a wide, flat metal spatula.
- Sprinkle with lavender and serve.