Cook up a batch of fun Cheerwiggles by mixologist Kyle Erkes and watch them go faster than the cookies. Holiday spices and the bright fruit flavors of Cheerwine Holiday Punch will put everyone in the spirit — the rum won’t hurt either.
- 2 cups Cheerwine Holiday Punch
- 1 cup white rum
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- zest from 1 lemon
- 5 packets (10 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- Sugar sprinkles for garnish
– Combine rum, triple sec, and lemon juice in large bowl. Slowly sprinkle in the gelatin, stirring constantly. Allow the gelatin to bloom for 10 minutes.
– Meanwhile combine water, sugar, spices and lemon zest in a medium pot, bring to a boil, then reduce to low simmer for 10 minutes.
– Strain the solids from the spice syrup and return the syrup to heat along with the Cheerwine. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
– Pour the hot Cheerwine mixture into the bowl with the bloomed gelatin. Mix thoroughly and ensure all gelatin is dissolved.
– Pour onto a sheet pan for cookie cutter shapes, into individual molds, or into ice cube trays.
– However you choose to shape your Cheerwiggles, set them for at least one hour in the fridge or until jiggly. Makes 24 shots.