This is a magnificent holiday gin drink for home cocktail enthusiasts to impress their guests. From our friend, James Bolt at Charleston’s The Gin Joint.
- 1 ½ ounces brown butter washed Conniption American Dry Gin (see directions)
- 1 ½ ounces Earl Grey tea syrup (see directions)
- ¾ ounce cinnamon-infused Carpano Antica Vermouth (see directions)
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce Plantation Pineapple Rum
- 4 dashes Angostura® orange bitters
- 1 dash Scrappy’s Cardamom Bitters
- 1 egg white (optional)
- 4 ounces Cheerwine Holiday Punch
Brown Butter Washed Gin:
1 bottle Conniption American Dry Gin
6 ounces unsalted butter
- Melt butter on medium heat and cook butter until it starts to brown.
- Add brown butter to an airtight container along with bottle of gin.
- Place in the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Remove butter and add gin back to the bottle.
Earl Grey Tea Syrup:
4 bags Earl Grey Tea
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
- Add all ingredients into a small saucepan and heat until it reaches a boil.
- Once it boils, turn heat off and let tea bags steep for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and strain syrup into a container.
- Refrigerate up to one week.
Cinnamon-Infused Carpano Antica Vermouth:
2 cinnamon sticks
12 ounces Carpano Antica Vermouth
- Place cinnamon sticks into vermouth and let sit for 24 hours at room temperature.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and place vermouth into a new container.
- Add all ingredients together in a cocktail shaker, except Cheerwine.
- Dry shake hard with no ice for 15-20 seconds to froth egg white.
- Then add ice and shake hard for 10-15 seconds.
- Double strain into a chilled fizz glass.
- Top off with Cheerwine and garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel and smoldering cinnamon stick.