Cheerwine, brown sugar, and butter team up to make delicious syrup for these warm tender dumplings. Ready in minutes, you’ll grace not just the dessert offering, but your breakfast table with this delicious recipe from our friends at Our State Magazine.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 sweet-tart baking apple, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup Cheerwine
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Lemon zest (garnish)
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Separate dough into triangles. Place an apple wedge and a few cherries on the wide edge of each piece of dough, roll up and arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking dish that holds them snugly. Scatter the remaining cherries into the dish.
Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, spice, and vanilla then spoon over the tops of the dumplings. Pour the Cheerwine around, not over, the dumplings. Bake until deep golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Whisk enough lemon juice into the powdered sugar to make a thick glaze to drizzle over the dumplings. Garnish with lemon zest. Serve warm.