The famous Chef Alton Brown we know and love from TV created for all of us a very special Cheerwine Sangria using simple ingredients.
- 1 bottle Spanish Rioja red wine
- 4 ounces Triple sec or any orange liqueur
- 2 ounces brandy
- 1 teaspoon cherry bitters
- 4 ounces frozen peaches, chopped
- 4 ounces frozen mango, chopped
- 8–10 basil leaves, torn in large pieces
- 1 orange, halved and quartered
- 1 orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 Cheerwine 12-ounce cans, chilled
1. Stir first 7 ingredients together in a large pitcher and chill at least 4 hours.
2. When ready to serve, skim the basil off the surface with a spoon or small strainer.
3. Divide the fruit from pitcher into 8 large wine glasses and top with 4 ounces of the wine mixture, followed by 3 ounces of Cheerwine in each glass.
4. Finish by squeezing an orange quarter into each glass and garnish with orange slice.