The uniquely Southern flavor of Cheerwine compliments pork so well you’ll wish you made more for tomorrow’s supper!
- 8 slices par-cooked bacon slices
- 8 2” thick center-cut boneless pork loin chops
- 3 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 cans Cheerwine
- ½ cup dried cherries, chopped
- ¼ cup whiskey or bourbon
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups prepared BBQ sauce
Blanche bacon in boiling water for 2 minutes then wrap around outside of each chop and secure with a toothpick. Season liberally on both sides with Montreal steak seasoning.
To a saucepan, add Cheerwine and reduce liquid by half. Meanwhile, soak dried cherries in bourbon or whiskey. After Cheerwine is reduced, add brown sugar, minced onion, mustard, cayenne, and BBQ sauce and simmer for ½ hour. Then add soaked cherry mixture, and continue to simmer until done. Cook and mark pork chops until cooked on both sides, then brush pork with sauce and continue to cook over low heat to glaze. Serve reserved sauce on the side.