From Cynthia Wong of Life Raft Treats®, this is a super easy, fun, and festive pull-apart monkey bread sure to bring joy to your holiday breakfast table.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ⅓ cups brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 16-ounce packages canned biscuits
- ¾ cup Cheerwine
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract, if using. Spoon ⅓ of the butter-brown mixture into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon. Open one can of biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 equal pieces. Lightly toss the biscuit pieces in the cinnamon sugar and place the pieces into the pan. Top pieces with ⅓ of the butter-brown sugar mixture.
- Open the second can of biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 equal pieces. Toss the pieces in cinnamon sugar and place the pieces into the pan. Top the pieces with the remaining butter-brown sugar mixture.
- Using a table knife or small spatula, gently nudge the biscuit pieces away from the sides of the pan, moving around the pan, and carefully pour in Cheerwine.
- Place pan onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake bread for 45 minutes to one hour until deep golden brown on top and caramel is thick and bubbly. Remove bread from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cover the top of the monkey bread with a large plate and carefully invert. Serve immediately.