Here’s a Cheerwine cocktail from Chef Dean Neff of Wilmington, NC’s Seabird restaurant. Cool weather, roasted oysters, and a bonfire are the only things that make this cocktail even more enjoyable.
- 1 medium Meyer lemon wedge
- 4 fresh or brandied cherries (pits removed)
- 5–7 mint leaves
- ½ ounce Luxardo Maraschino Cherry Liqueur
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- Large mint sprig
- Additional cherries
- 2–3 pickled ginger slices
- Star anise pod (optional)
In a cocktail shaker, muddle lemon, cherries, mint, Luxardo, Bourbon, and bitters.
Add ice then shake vigorously. Strain into a 12-ounce glass filled with ice.
Top off with Cheerwine and garnish with mint sprig, cherries, pickled ginger slices, and star anise pod.