This recipe was introduced for the first time in history at the 2019 Cheerwine Festival where 5,000 Cheerwine Hushpuppies were eaten! With rave reviews on this unique combination, you can now make these easily at home and wow your family and friends. For this recipe, you’ll need 2 cans of Cheerwine and you’ll get to quench your refreshment and drink part of one while you’re the chef!
- 1 cup House-Autry Plain Hushpuppy Mix
- 1 twelve ounce can of Cheerwine (regular, not diet)
- Additionally, 4 tablespoons of Cheerwine (regular, not diet)
- Empty 1 twelve ounce can of Cheerwine into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 25-30 minutes. You will end up with about 4 tablespoons of Cheerwine reduction.
- Let reduction cool before making hushpuppies.
Hushpuppies – Deep Fryer Instructions
- Heat oil to 350˚F.
- In bowl, thoroughly combine Hushpuppy mix, prepared Cheerwine reduction, and the additional 4 tablespoons of Cheerwine. Let stand 5 minutes and while you’re waiting, feel free to drink the remainder from the second can of Cheerwine!
- Using a small cookie scoop or melon baller, drop batter into oil and fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from fryer and drain on paper towels.
- How’d they turn out? Snap a photo and send to us at firstname.lastname@example.org