This easy Asian-inspired barbeque pork entree is sure to be a hit at your next holiday shindig. A new Cheerwine classic from Chef Anthony DiBernardo at Swig & Swine in Charleston, S.C.
- 4 cups Cheerwine
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 pounds pork butt cut into four 8 ounce steaks
- Sesame seeds
- In a saucepot, reduce 4 cups Cheerwine to ½ cup over medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients, except pork, in a mixing bowl and whisk together until incorporated.
- Place pork steaks into a resealable bag and cover with half of the sauce, then secure bag closed.
- Place bag in refrigerator for 4-8 hours, turning often.
- Prepare a grill with coals to one side.
- Cook pork steaks indirectly at 250°F until internal temperature reaches 180°F.
- Brush steaks a few times with remaining sauce and place over coals to finish, giving it a little char.
- Let pork steaks rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.