This easy recipe from Spring Council of Chapel Hill, N.C.’s Mama Dip’s Kitchen makes the perfect edible holiday gift for everyone on your list! Cheerwine adds a delicious cherry flavor to this classic Southern no-bake cookie.
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 ½ cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup Cheerwine Syrup
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Combine sugar, vanilla wafers, ¼ cup of the cocoa powder, and pecans in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together Cheerwine Syrup, bourbon, and corn syrup. Pour Cheerwine Syrup mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining ¼ cup of cocoa powder into a shallow bowl.
- Shape chilled mixture into 2-inch balls and roll each in cocoa powder.
- Store bourbon balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.