This decadent Cheerwine Blondie with Cheerwine Butter Cream from Chef Anthony Denning in Charlotte, N.C. is sure to delight your friends and family.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup Cheerwine Syrup
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter cream icing
- 1 cup Cheerwine
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a half hotel pan with cooking spray or coat with butter.
- In large bowl, mix melted butter, brown sugar, and Cheerwine Syrup. Add in eggs and vanilla, then whisk until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir until incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth out. Bake for 30 minutes or until edges are golden. Allow to cool completely (about 30 minutes in refrigerator). Cut into squares.
- In medium bowl, mix store-bought butter cream with 1 cup Cheerwine. Top cooled blondies with prepared butter cream and garnish with powdered sugar and sugar sprinkles, if desired.