This gin cocktail from James Bolt of The Gin Joint in Charleston, S.C., is sure to help you get in the yuletide spirit at your next holiday gathering.
Mulled Cheerwine Syrup
- 32 ounces Cheerwine Holiday Punch
- 16 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 orange, peeled and juiced
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon white cloves
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon salt
Cheer of the Century
- ¾ ounce Mulled Holiday Cheerwine Syrup, prepared
- 1 ½ ounces Nippitaty Gin
- ¼ ounce Tempus Fugit Crème de Cacao
- ½ ounce Ramazotti Amaro
- 1 ounce lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 4 dashes Bittermens Buck Spice Ginger Bitters
- Dehydrated lemon wheel (garnish)
- Shaved chocolate (garnish)
For Mulled Cheerwine Syrup
Combine all ingredients into a medium sauce pot and turn to medium heat. Let come to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and spices become fragrant. Strain everything off and reserve syrup for mixing into cocktail.
Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake hard for 8-10 seconds, double strain into a chilled cup. Garnish with a dehydrated lemon wheel and shaved chocolate.