From our friends at NC Eat & Play, entertaining just got a lot
easier with this Apricot, Brie & Cherry Cheerwine Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup cherries, fresh
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Cheerwine Syrup
- 1 package puff pastry (frozen, thaw for use)
- 16 ounces Brie wheel or wedges
- Preheat your oven to 375 °F.
- Wash and hull your cherries.
- Mix the fresh fruit and jam. You may need to mix your jam first to break it down if it’s been refrigerated.
- Add cherries and Cheerwine syrup, mix with a spoon or spatula to blend.
- Cut your puff pastry. It’s easiest to slice each sheet of thawed pastry into four rows of four squares. Then drop one square into a prepared muffin pan. Use baking spray or melted butter to grease each cup.
- Divide your brie. Cut each wheel of brie into cubes. You can remove the rind of the wheel if it’s not to your liking, but you might want to freeze the cheese before removing it so it will slice without smearing.
- Drop a cube of brie onto each square and top with a teaspoonful of your fruit and jam mixture. (You can get creative and add shaved almonds or crushed walnuts, too, if you like pastry with a crunch!)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the corners of your puff pastry begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove your muffin pans from the oven and let them sit to cool. Once cooled, remove and serve!