This classic treat with a Cheerwine twist comes from Wentworth & Fenn’s executive pastry chef, Samantha Allen.
- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- 1½ cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup Cheerwine
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup honey
- 6 bananas, ripened
- ½ cup chocolate, chopped (garnish)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray one large loaf pan or four small loaf pans. Scale all ingredients.
- Using electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar. Scape butter mixture and slowly add eggs one at a time. Still scraping, add Cheerwine.
- Place flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and chocolate chips into a bowl. With mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients. Add sour cream, honey, and bananas. Fully incorporate.
- Bake for 20 minutes until center springs back. Once cool, take out of pan. Garnish with chopped chocolate.
Mix powdered sugar and Cheerwine Syrup in a bowl until smooth, then drizzle over bread.